Labels

Friday, August 23, 2013

Why would my website vanish from Google?


I am confused.

I have a fairly un-ordinary name and so if I google / bing / whatever my first name last name, my website firstnamelastname . com is usually at the top.

I changed the content of the homepage to a one page bio with links to other sites and now when I google first name last name on google nothing shows up. There are a couple of links to pages and posts on that website further down page 1 but nothing else.

Bing appears unaffected.

Why might this be? Any ideas? Thanks.

[–]Doesntmatterson

http://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo/myths-and-misconceptions-about-search-engines

Scroll down to "So How Do You Know If You've Been Bad"

[–]andey

check google.com/webmasters and see what it has to say

[–]-Sparkwoodand21

Nope. Not throwing up any errors. Asked to reindex it. See what happens.

[–]almondj

It's probably a Google dance, nothing to worry about. You should regain rankings within a few days. http://searchengineland.com/googles-panda-dance-matt-cutts-confirms-panda-rolls-out-monthly-over-10-of-30-days-162950

[–]Made_

Were you do doing any link building? My site barely has any content but good links. Google - NYC online consultant - I take the first spot (knock on wood) More than happy to discuss because I am helping over 65 sites that have been penalized and dealing with over 600 clients.

[–]positive_to_dicks

Vanish = DEINDEXED? have you tried:

index:[insertsite] ?

cache: [insertsite]?

site:[insertsite]?

do it and let me know :)


[–]ph0nix

Depends on if you have been being bad or not. Bad kids go play in the sandbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment